Monstrous Tales is a collection of traditional folktales about bewitching and bloodthirsty creatures!
Translated and transcribed in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, these tales celebrate the diversity of—and surprising resonances among—folklore traditions around the world. Welcome to a world of magical adventure: a mysterious wolf pursues a bridegroom through a dark forest, a princess is trapped in a monster's body, and a dragon is coming with a storm in its wake.
- The tales come alive alongside spellbinding contemporary art by Chinese illustrator Sija Hong.
- Each story transports readers to a different enthralling world.
- Part of the popular Tales series, featuring Tales of Japan, Celtic Tales, and Tales of India
As readers roam from Japan to Nigeria and Ireland to Guyana, they'll witness deadly pacts, heroic feats, and otherworldly journeys.
Features tales from Australia, China, Estonia, Finland, France, Great Sioux Nation, Guyana, Iceland, India, Inuit Nunangat, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Nigeria, Philippines, Pueblo of Isleta, Scotland, South Africa, Syria, Turkey, and Ukraine.
- A special illustrated edition, complete with an embossed, textured case and a ribbon marker
- Perfect gift for fairy tale and folklore lovers, fans of monsters and creatures, collectors of illustrated classics, adults and teens alike, and bibliophiles
- A visually gorgeous book that will be at home on the shelf or on the coffee table
- Great for those who enjoyed books like Through the Woods by Emily Carroll; The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures by Aaron Mahnke; and Giants, Monsters, and Dragons: An Encyclopedia of Folklore, Legend, and Myth by Carol Rose
Size: 20.32 x 23.8 cm (8 x 9.4 inches)